Working with the Education sector
The Transcend team has considerable experience working with educational establishments including universities, students’ unions, colleges, schools and nurseries.
You can get some more information from our case study with Willows pre-school, but We understand a broad range of challenges that educational organisations are facing and have developed specific solutions that may be useful in helping you to address some of your HR issues, including:
- cost reduction strategies
- increasing productivity against reduced budgets
- building a strengthening Leadership and Governance
- achieving fair treatment across academic and non-academic staff groups
- overcoming bureaucratic governance to maintain delivery of a valuable service
- addressing term time and holiday periods
- implementing performance-related pay
- sustainable high performance with additional bureaucratic challenges
- how employees experience meaning and fulfilment through what they do
- empowerment and accountability for employees
- developing the best people management practices possible
For details on how we have helped one school please view our case study for Willows
Support the achievement of Investors in People accreditation
The solutions and assistance that we received were efficient and cost-effective. We have achieved significant culture change, built a capability framework and implemented consistent performance management, all without the need for internal HR-resource and associated costs. Additionally, the Management Information that came from the process has helped us to stand back from the administrative process and focus on the longer term development of the Students’ Union and its staff.
The ultimate endorsement of our partnership working was achievement of the Investors in People Bronze award in December 2012, in which we were recognised for the quality and impact of our performance management systems and processes despite them being less than 12 months old.”
Capability Profiling & Performance Review
Edison Learning works in partnership with State Schools and Local Authorities to create new and better ways to service young people’s needs.
Edison staff utilised the technology modules to design a role-based capability framework for their own staff and then manage their annual performance appraisal process online.
In addition, a number of Edison’s client schools utilised a tailored version of the Performance Reviewer module to measure performance and facilitate ongoing professional development of Teachers.